Wednesday 8 February 2012

My latest fad

I haven't been blogging for a few weeks, so I thought I'd put up some photo's of the latest thing I've been doing. Ages ago I bought some earring fastenings from my friendly local haberdashers; I bought a mixture of studs and danglies. The studs were easy to make - I just glued buttons and beads to them and voila - done. The danglies I wasn't so sure of - I'm not much of a drop earring wearer and was out of ideas so I just put them away for a rainy day.

That rainy day came this weekend. I'd bought some grey-smoky translucent beads and some thin copper wire last week because I liked the colours without really thinking much about what to do with them. They sat on my table until they caught my eye this weekend when I was at a loose end and I just played around with different looks.

I used some small wire cutters and needle nosed pliers to manipulate the wire. It was a bit fiddly to secure the wire; I wrapped it around itself a few times then made loops out of the wire to attach to the fastening and closed the loop (on the fastening). The black bead was made using this technique on LoveMaegan

Here are the results: Jewellery making is ADDICTIVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment