Sunday 15 January 2012

Colour my world


Boyfriend and I spent the weekend trailing through furniture shops (which is actually a bit of a hobby of mine - we have one or two really cool outlet shops near where we live where they sell end of range, shop floor models and smaller retailers. It was a pretty fruitful weekend - we've picked up a chest of drawers for the bedroom - two chairs for the conservatory and a sofa for the front room. So, 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon the boy say's, "I want to paint that wall". We live five minutes from B&Q so I said we should just go for a look. Off we went, had a look round - he'd said he was thinking about a blue-grey kinda colour. We found what we thought would look good, bought it and set off back home - the time was now about 3.20pm. As soon as we were back we got about painting, we were done by about 5.30 - neither of us are particularly quick decision makers usually, but I think for once spontaneity did us a favour. I really like it. It needs another coat because it went on silk paint (I really hate silk paint, but everyone seems to have it so I guess I'm in the minority)

No comments:

Post a Comment