Wednesday 5 October 2011

Lace detail handbag

Hi everybody!

Re photography challenge, I'm still taking pictures but I've decided its taking up to much blog space doing an image a day so I'm going to have a few on the one entry. But for now I'd like to show you a bag I was inspired to make after seeing this vintage Putty handbag on pinterest




I love the lace detail. I had a load of lace edging kicking around so decided to give it a try. I used a floral pattern flannel fabric for the main body, the lining is from polyester pyjamas, I bought both from a charity shop. I'm afraid I had to play around with the contrast on photoshop to pick up the details, but I don't think the integrity of the piece was compromised. Here it is;
I learned a lot making it, there are parts I would change; I would make the bag shorted and deeper, I would change the handle to something more deliberate and sturdy and I would put a different fastener in, maybe a magnetic popper. I'm kind of eager to try some more bags out, I enjoyed making the pattern.
I'm really pleased with it, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment